HOW DO I HIRE A DRESS AT BRIDE&CO
Make an appointment for a FREE fitting via telephone or booking on our website. Once you have found your dream dress from our hire collection, we require a 25% deposit on the dress in order to secure your booking. 2 weeks prior to your collection date, come in store for our in-house seamstress to take accurate measurements for alterations. The final fitting and collection date is 2 days before the function date. The hire garment is to be returned 2 days after the function date.
WHAT IS THE HIRE COST?
Each bridal dress has a unique hire cost depending on the brand and the detail on the dress. The hire dresses range from R2000 to R10 000.
HOW LONG IS THE HIRE PERIOD?
The standard hire period of a dress is 5 days, which will include 2 days before the function date for pick up, the day of the function and then 2 days after the function for returns.
DO ALL BRIDE&CO STORES OFFER THE DRESS HIRE SERVICE?
The hire programme is currently only available in 7 stores (Rivonia, Boksburg, Canal Walk, The Crescent, Nelspruit, Bloemfontein, Park View).
WHAT IS THE COST IMPLICATION IF I WANT TO HIRE THE DRESS FOR A LONGER PERIOD THAN SPECIFIED ABOVE?
If you wish to collect the dress earlier than the standard 48 hours prior to the function date, there will be an early collection charge of R500 and collection can take place no more than 4 days prior to the function date.
CAN I HIRE BRIDESMAID OR SPECIAL OCCASION DRESSES?
We only hire out bridal dresses and a selection bridal accessories (eg. veils, petticoats).
IS THE DEPOSIT REFUNDABLE?
The deposit is not refundable. It is a down payment on the total hire amount towards the hire price. The hire price is fixed and there is no refundable deposit.
IF I CANCEL THE HIRE BEFORE COLLECTING THE DRESS WILL MY DEPOSIT BE REFUNDED?
The deposit will be refunded provided the cancellation takes place more than 2 weeks prior to the scheduled collection date. Should you cancel within the 2 weeks leading up to the collection date you will automatically forfeit your 25% deposit.
WHAT SIZES DO THE HIRE DRESSES COME IN?
We offer a balanced size range which will accommodate any size from size 2 up until a size 18. We stock sizes in 4, 8, 14 and 18 (US sizes) which can all be altered to fit your exact measurements.
MUST I WASH THE DRESS BEFORE RETURNING IT?
Please do NOT wash the dress before returning it. It is important to note there are stains or the dress is extemely soiled, we will charge an additional fee of up to R900 for dry cleaning in order to get the dress back to its original condition.
WHAT IF I ACCIDENTALLY STAIN OR DAMAGE THE DRESS?
As mentioned in above point, we will charge an additional fee of up to R900 if the dress is damaged or stained. If the dress is damaged beyond repair, Bride&co reserves the right to claim the full retail value of the dress. Thus it is very important to make sure you look after the dress for the period of time it is in your possession.
WHAT IF THE DRESS I LIKE DOESN’T FIT?
All our hire dresses are specifically engineered to be altered and our team of experienced seamstresses will make sure the dress is altered according to your unique measurements. If there are no sizes available in the dress for that specific function date, we also have a vast range of beautiful retail dresses available from R2 800 up to R25 000.
CAN MY HIRED DRESS BE COURIERED TO ME SHOULD I BE UNABLE TO COLLECT IT?
Yes we can courier the dress to you but there will be an additional courier charge depending on the location it needs to be couriered to.
Accurate size information is required 2 weeks before the collection date.
Bride&co cannot guarantee the supply of garment(s) if accurate sizes have not been given within the above time frame.
Collection of garment(s) happens 48 hours prior to the function date.
On receipt of your garment(s) it is up to the customer to ensure they are correct, complete and in good condition.
Please return your goods by the return date (2 days after function date). For courier returns, please ensure that garment(s) are correctly packaged and arrive at the store on the return date as specified above.
Late returns are subject to an additional charge as set out in the Bride&co Terms and Conditions of Hire.
BRIDE&CO TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- The client acknowledges that final fittings of the garment(s) are compulsory and that Bride&co shall accept no responsibility for garment(s) collected without a final fitting of the garment(s) by the client.
- In respect of alterations, Bride&co accepts no responsibility as a result of any measurements taken by a third party or measurements supplied by the his/her self to Bride&co. Measurements taken in-store by Bride&co is strongly encouraged.
- Once goods have been chosen a 25% upfront payment is required to secure the booking.
- The client agrees that, if cancelled within 2 weeks of final collection date, the 25% payment will not be refunded.
- The clients agrees that he/she shall arrange for a final fitting of the garment(s) at least 2 (two) days prior to the function date. This will also be the collection date of the garment.
- If the client wishes to collect the dress earlier than the standard 48 hours prior to the function date, there will be an early collection charge of R500 and collection can take place no more than 4 days prior to the function date.
- Should the garment(s), upon being returned, be damaged and in need of extra dry cleaning, the client acknowledges that he/she shall be liable for charges up to the value of R900.
- Should the garment(s) upon return be damaged beyond repair (as determined by Bride&co), the full retail value of the garment(s) will be charged.
- The client further acknowledges that he/she shall be liable to a penalty of R200 per day per outfit for every day if garment(s) are not returned on the agreed upon return date (2 days after function date).
- Should the client not return the hire garment(s) within 30 (thirty) days from the return date, the client shall be liable to Bride&co for the full retail value (as determined by Bride&co) of the garment(s), including late returns penalties levied by Bride&co for the client not having delivered the garment(s) to Bride&co on the agreed return date.